Study Permit

International students need a study permit that allows them to study at designated learning institutions (DLI) in Canada. To be eligible for a Study Permit, students need to be enrolled at a DLI, and provide evidence for funds needed for tuition fees and living expenses.

If you are an international student and would like to work while you study or after graduation, you can do so under the following options:

Work while you study in Canada

If you have a study permit and you’re registered as a full-time student at a DLI, you may be able to work off-campus or on-campus.

Work as a co-op student or intern

Some study programs include work experience as part of their curriculum. You can apply for a co-op or intern work permit if you have a study permit and you are required to complete your study program in Canada.

Help your spouse or partner to work in Canada

Your spouse or common-law partner may be eligible for an open work permit if you have a valid study permit, are eligible for a post-graduation work permit (PGWP) and you are a full time student.

Work temporarily after graduation

Post Graduation Work Permit Program (PGWPP) – after you graduate from your program of studies, you may be able to work temporarily or even live permanently in Canada if you graduated from a DLI and want to stay in Canada temporarily to work.

Take this free assessment to find out if you qualify for the Study Permit

Schedule a paid phone consultation